Friday, March 31, 2006

Well-Dressed Portly Men


Dear jeepers,

I like the look of lean, well tailored suits but I am--ahem--husky and only foresee more husk in my future. That--coupled with a thrifty nature some mistake for miserliness-- keeps me out of such bespoke finery. So what do I do?

signed,
Poor and portly



Dear Portly,

So, you're fat and broke? Don't expect Jeepers to cuddle you adoringly for your confession. (Although we do have a secret penchant for men's big bellies.) While portly and poor are both fine things to be if you are happy with it, we can detect some deep pain beneath your sardonic bravura. Why not lose weight and get rich, quick? (You could start a line of gorgeous clothes especially for portly men, or play Powerball!)

In the meantime, my chubby darling, you should sew your own big clothes, or save your pennies for a few good, big pieces, which you may wear over and over, with cheap tees and button-downs.

Before you know it, you might be eligible to enter a contest!

Yrs,
Jeepers

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Indeed!

10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home